Creative Ways to Conceal a Pedestal Sink
A pedestal sink can add a touch of elegance to any bathroom, but sometimes you may want to conceal it for various reasons. Whether it’s to create more storage space or simply to change the look of your bathroom, there are creative ways to hide a pedestal sink without compromising its functionality. Here are some innovative ideas to conceal a pedestal sink in your bathroom.
- Utilize a Sink Skirt: One of the easiest and most versatile ways to conceal a pedestal sink is by using a sink skirt. Sink skirts are fabric panels that are attached to the sink and hang down to the floor, effectively covering the pedestal. Choose a fabric that matches your bathroom decor and install it using adhesive tape or Velcro. This simple solution adds a touch of elegance to your bathroom while hiding the pedestal sink.
- Install a Floating Vanity: If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, consider installing a floating vanity in front of the pedestal sink. A floating vanity not only conceals the sink but also provides valuable storage space. Choose a vanity with drawers or cabinets to keep your bathroom essentials organized and hidden from view. With a floating vanity, you can transform your bathroom into a more contemporary space while effectively concealing the pedestal sink.
- Create a Custom Cabinet: For a seamless and tailored look, consider building a custom cabinet around the pedestal sink. This option requires some carpentry skills, but the result is a truly unique and hidden sink. Measure the dimensions of your sink and design a cabinet that fits perfectly around it. You can choose to have doors or open shelves for storage. Paint or stain the cabinet to match your bathroom decor, and voila! You have a custom-made cabinet that conceals the pedestal sink beautifully.
- Use Decorative Screens: Another creative way to hide a pedestal sink is by using decorative screens. These screens can be freestanding or attached to the walls, creating a partition between the sink and the rest of the bathroom. Choose screens with intricate patterns or designs that complement your bathroom style. Not only do decorative screens conceal the sink, but they also add a touch of elegance and privacy to your space.
- Incorporate a Curtain: If you prefer a softer and more romantic look, consider installing a curtain around the pedestal sink. Hang a tension rod above the sink and choose a curtain fabric that complements your bathroom decor. Opt for a sheer fabric for a light and airy feel or a heavier fabric for a more dramatic effect. The curtain can be easily pulled back when you need access to the sink and closed to conceal it when not in use.
Clever Storage Solutions for Hiding a Pedestal Sink
While pedestal sinks are elegant and space-saving, they often lack storage space. If you’re looking for clever ways to hide a pedestal sink while maximizing storage, this article is for you. We will explore various storage solutions that not only conceal the sink but also provide efficient organization options for your bathroom essentials.
- Install Floating Shelves: Floating shelves are a great storage solution for hiding a pedestal sink. They can be easily installed above or beside the sink, utilizing the vertical space in your bathroom. Choose shelves that match your bathroom decor and install them at a convenient height. Use the shelves to display decorative items or store toiletries, towels, and other bathroom essentials. Floating shelves not only provide storage but also add a stylish touch to your bathroom.
- Utilize Over-the-Toilet Storage: Another clever storage solution for concealing a pedestal sink is to utilize the space above the toilet. Install an over-the-toilet storage unit that includes shelves or cabinets. This will give you additional storage space without taking up any extra floor space. Use the storage unit to keep extra towels, toiletries, or cleaning supplies neatly organized and hidden from view. Consider choosing a unit with doors or drawers for a cleaner look.
- Opt for a Sink Vanity Cabinet: If you have enough floor space in your bathroom, consider replacing the pedestal sink with a sink vanity cabinet. Sink vanity cabinets are designed to house a sink while providing ample storage below. Choose a cabinet with drawers or cabinets to accommodate your storage needs. This solution not only hides the sink but also gives you plenty of space to keep your bathroom essentials within reach.
- Use Basket Storage: Baskets are a versatile and stylish storage option for hiding a pedestal sink. Place a few baskets on the floor or on a shelf beneath the sink to store towels, toiletries, or cleaning supplies. Opt for baskets that match your bathroom decor and use labels to easily identify the contents of each basket. This storage solution adds a touch of rustic charm while keeping your bathroom clutter-free.
- Install a Medicine Cabinet: If your pedestal sink is located near a wall, consider installing a medicine cabinet above it. Medicine cabinets provide concealed storage for your toiletries, medications, and other small items. Choose a cabinet with a mirrored front to serve dual purposes. This not only hides the sink but also adds functionality to your bathroom by providing a mirror for grooming and styling.
Stylish Ideas for Camouflaging a Pedestal Sink
If you’re looking to give your bathroom a fresh and stylish look, camouflaging a pedestal sink can be a great way to achieve that. By incorporating creative design ideas, you can hide the pedestal sink while enhancing the overall aesthetic of your bathroom. Below are some stylish ideas to camouflage a pedestal sink and transform your bathroom into a visually appealing space.
Create a Green Oasis: One stylish idea to camouflage a pedestal sink is by creating a green oasis around it. Place potted plants on the floor or on shelves near the sink to add a natural touch. Choose plants that thrive in humid bathroom environments, such as ferns, spider plants, or peace lilies. The lush greenery will draw attention away from the sink and create a serene and refreshing atmosphere in your bathroom.
Install a Backsplash: Adding a backsplash behind the pedestal sink is an excellent way to camouflage it while adding a stylish element to your bathroom. Choose a backsplash material that complements your bathroom decor, such as ceramic tiles, mosaic tiles, or even a patterned wallpaper. The backsplash will not only conceal the sink but also protect the wall from water damage and give your bathroom a polished and sophisticated look.
Hang a Statement Mirror: Another stylish idea for camouflaging a pedestal sink is by hanging a statement mirror above it. Choose a mirror with an ornate or unique frame that becomes the focal point of the bathroom. The mirror will draw attention away from the sink and add a touch of elegance to the space. Opt for a larger mirror to create an illusion of space and reflect more light in the bathroom.
Incorporate Artwork: To divert attention from the pedestal sink, consider incorporating artwork in your bathroom design. Hang a piece of artwork above or near the sink that complements your bathroom decor and adds visual interest. Choose artwork that fits your style and preferences, whether it’s a painting, a photograph, or a framed print. The artwork will not only camouflage the sink but also create a visually appealing focal point in your bathroom.
Use Decorative Tiles: If you want to make a bold statement and hide the pedestal sink, consider using decorative tiles on the floor or the wall surrounding the sink. Opt for tiles with intricate patterns, vibrant colors, or unique textures to create a visually stunning backdrop for the sink. The decorative tiles will draw attention away from the sink and make it blend seamlessly into the overall design of your bathroom.
DIY Techniques for Disguising a Pedestal Sink
If you’re looking for budget-friendly and creative ways to disguise a pedestal sink, DIY techniques can be a great solution. With a little creativity and some basic tools, you can transform your pedestal sink into a customized and unique feature in your bathroom. Here are some DIY techniques to effectively disguise a pedestal sink and add a personal touch to your bathroom.
Build a Custom Surround: One DIY technique for disguising a pedestal sink is to build a custom surround. Measure the dimensions of your sink and use plywood or MDF boards to construct a frame that fits around it. Add finishing touches like trim and paint it to match your bathroom decor. The custom surround will give the appearance of a built-in vanity and effectively hide the pedestal sink while providing a space for storage or decorative items.
Create a Faux Cabinet: If you want the look of a cabinet without the hassle of building one, consider creating a faux cabinet around the pedestal sink. Measure and cut plywood or MDF boards to create the illusion of a cabinet front. Attach the boards to the wall around the sink, leaving space for the sink basin. Paint or stain the boards to match your bathroom decor. This DIY technique will give the visual impression of a cabinet, effectively disguising the pedestal sink.
Use a Decorative Screen: Another DIY technique for disguising a pedestal sink is to use a decorative screen. Purchase or create a decorative screen that complements your bathroom decor. Place it strategically in front of the sink to hide the pedestal while adding a stylish element to your bathroom. You can also attach the screen to the wall to create a partition between the sink and the rest of the bathroom, effectively concealing the sink.
Install a Curtain Rod: For a simple and budget-friendly solution, install a curtain rod above the sink and hang a curtain to hide the pedestal. Choose a fabric that matches your bathroom decor and hang it in a way that allows easy access to the sink when needed. This DIY technique is versatile and can be easily changed or updated to suit your evolving style.
Add Decorative Panels: Consider adding decorative panels to the wall surrounding the pedestal sink to disguise it. Use materials like beadboard, shiplap, or faux brick panels to create a textured and visually interesting backdrop. Paint or stain the panels to match your bathroom decor. This DIY technique not only conceals the sink but also adds depth and character to your bathroom.
Practical Tips for Concealing a Pedestal Sink in Small Spaces
Concealing a pedestal sink in a small bathroom can be a challenge, but with some practical tips, it’s possible to create a visually appealing and functional space. By maximizing storage options and utilizing space-saving techniques, you can effectively hide the pedestal sink while making the most of your small bathroom. Here are some practical tips for concealing a pedestal sink in small spaces.
Utilize Wall-Mounted Storage: In a small bathroom, every inch of space matters. Utilize wall-mounted storage options to maximize storage while keeping the sink area concealed. Install floating shelves or wall-mounted cabinets above or beside the sink, providing storage for toiletries, towels, and other bathroom essentials. This not only hides the sink but also keeps your bathroom organized and clutter-free.
Choose a Compact Vanity: Consider replacing the pedestal sink with a compact vanity that is specifically designed for small spaces. Compact vanities are available in various sizes and styles, allowing you to find one that fits perfectly in your bathroom. Look for vanities with built-in storage options, such as drawers or cabinets, to effectively conceal the sink and create additional storage space.
Opt for a Pedestal Sink Skirt: A pedestal sink skirt is a practical and versatile solution for concealing a pedestal sink in a small bathroom. Choose a fabric that matches your bathroom decor and attach it to the sink using adhesive tape or Velcro. The skirt not only hides the pedestal but also provides an opportunity to add a touch of style to your bathroom. Opt for a fabric with a pattern or texture to create visual interest.
Incorporate Mirrored Cabinets: Mirrored cabinets are a smart choice for concealing a pedestal sink in small spaces. Install a mirrored cabinet above the sink to provide storage for toiletries while also serving as a mirror for grooming and styling. The mirrored surface reflects light, making the bathroom appear more spacious and bright. Choose a cabinet with adjustable shelves to accommodate your storage needs.
Use Decorative Baskets: Incorporate decorative baskets in your bathroom to conceal and organize items around the pedestal sink. Choose baskets that fit on shelves or under the sink, providing storage for towels, toiletries, and other bathroom essentials. Opt for baskets with lids to keep the contents out of sight and create a neat appearance.
How to Install a Pedestal Sink – w/ Detailed Pictures – BestLife52
How to Hide Pedestal Sink Plumbing Hunker
Genius Pedestal Sink Storage Ideas for Your Home
How to Hide Sink Pipes: 14 Steps (with Pictures) – wikiHow
Hide pedestal sink plumbing Powder room remodel, Creative bath
Powder Room Progress The Stonybrook House
How to Hide the Plumbing Under a Pedestal Sink – Gillece Services
How to Install a Wall Mounted Pedestal Sink (Step-by-Step)
- Bathroom Cubby Shelf with Towel Bar
- Bathroom Towel Rack Shelf Wall
- Bathroom Glass Shelf Corner
- Rattan Bathroom Shelf with Towel Bar
- Bathroom Shelves and Towel Rails
- Bathroom Accessories Shower Shelf
- Bathroom Shelving for Shower
- Bathroom Corner Shelf Stone
- Under Bathroom Sink Shelf Organizer
- Bathroom Corner Shelf No Drilling